We always get inspired by our beautiful Cleo Harper community and decided to ask the very inspiring Belinda Norton, aka the FitMama some questions about her sporty and healthy lifestyle. We love following her on Instagram and we know you will too! You can find Belinda here - @belinda.n.x.
So grab a cuppa and get inspired by some insight into Belinda’s lifestyle and make sure to read to the end; as she share one of her signature recipes with us, yummy!
Describe yourself in one sentence…
Everyday finding the absolute quality of all in life; to gain more smiles; to see more love; to feel and truly live in my body filled with wellness for as long as possible.
What is the first thing you do every morning?
Every morning the first thing I do is drink a large glass of warm water.
I will complete a set of easy stretches beginning with sun salutes and then a 30-minute walk run on sunrise.
What exercise do you do?
At home HITT or a B.Workout.
Your go-to Cleo Harper outfit?
The Coco Bralet was my first item and this is how the obsession began.
Daily Food - Broccoli steamed with toasted sesame seeds and soy, and Blueberry Oats with peanut butter swirl.
Weekly Food - Eating out at fantastic restaurants sipping on exceptional wines.
What’s your tips on staying motivated to nail that healthy lifestyle?
Firstly, the main reason is why you do this? The most important reason should only be to maintain a level of mobility and overall wellness to live an optimal life for YOU but also for your kids. Sometime we think we will turn into a pumpkin after 6pm if we are still exercising. Do you? One day a week it’s possible for the kids to eat after 6.30pm just so can you train and I am fairly certain no one will starve.
My 10 tricks are below to hit the ‘after work’ training mindset and motivation (especially in the winter months)
- Have your session planned. (Know exactly where, what session and how long it will take) Set the timer so there is not wasted time
- Meet a friend or add loud music
- Dress in warm layered activewear
- Train at home with the heater on
- Take the kids or you can go for a walk/run after dinner - then do the bath process
- Have at least one afternoon during the week off training
- Walk/ride up to the school pick up as opposed to being in carpark hell
- Do an indoor rpm or bike session
- Do a hot yoga class as it is guaranteed to keep you feeling flexible and detoxifying those pores
- Remember getting the blood pumping and body warm will make you feel invigorated and energised - this then improving your sleep.
Do you prefer exercising indoors or outdoors?
I enjoy all types of both training zones - outdoors in the sunshine is an energiser, but hitting the gym for a hard sweaty music mood motivator is just as inspiring.
Your all-time favourite Cleo Harper item and why?
My all-time favourite items are the - Maison Legging and the white Oxyenta Bralet - I love this bralet! But also, the long sleeve Edge Top in white I wear it soo much! (Note from the Cleo Harper team: this is being restocked!)
Can you share with us one of your healthy go-to recipes?
Fit Mama Muesli -
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
1/2 any crushed nuts
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup rice bran syrup
Mix together ingredients and pour over rice bran syrup. Coat the dry ingredients and allow to roll into chunks. Place in lined tray and bake in moderate oven for 30 mins. Remove from oven. Allow to cool. Store in airtight container.